Sunday, June 29, 2014

Observation

  I am a Patriot! I love this land and I am thankful for the liberties and freedoms I enjoy. After my trip to Cuba I realize the freedoms even more. So today in many churches and congregations we will celebrate the birth of our great nation. I always enjoy these services! Yet we must watch out! Look at how we celebrate the 4th of July. Fireworks and family and fun! Oh what wonderful memories I have of 4th's gone by!
  Often the reason for celebration was completely left out of the festivities. Unless someone intentionally mentioned the reason for our celebration. Watch out! Even today we get wrapped up in the festivity and forget the faith in our congregations!
  We have all the fireworks in the church but unless someone is intentional about the reason for our celebration we will continue on this pathway of forgetting and forsaking. The Good News is there is liberty in Jesus Christ! Let the celebration begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment