Monday, June 23, 2014

The trouble with truth

  I am a Pastor....59 years old now....I like to think I've seen it all but I am continually surprised! As I step back and try to look with objective and grace filled eyes I can't help but be saddened by the trends that are digging deep nearly inescapable ruts in the present culture both secular and sacred. These cultures seem entwined and inseparable.
    At times I find I struggle with walking by faith or sight! We are conditioned to exist by sight and faith is often left up to personal opinion.
  I know that God cannot fail, He cannot lie, and He will prevail. Sadly the malady of walking by sight still dogs us and leads us into the traps and snares of the Devil.
  How do churches select pastors, staff, or even decide on ministry adventures? It's all done by sight! Godly character and God's command often are second tier priorities.
  Bring this up and trouble erupts! Opinions flare and positions are defended. There is trouble with truth. This is why it's easier to walk by sight....what do we do? Pray, go and don't ever give up! Truly decide to walk by faith....if you choose this path you'll have to face your fears! Thus faith has to be exerted and glory is won for God!

No comments:

Post a Comment